Truble Pics + Twilight

And so, the Eclipse begins...

New Moon | Stephenie Meyer

With the latest instalment in The Twilight Saga released in cinemas worldwide this evening, I"ve been having an absolute ball reading all of the stories and content out there about crazy fans. Therefore, it only seems appropriate that I too bring you a Twihard story to sink your teeth into. Sorry, that was a lame vampire joke and I promise not to make any more (note: this is a lie).

Anywho, I hunted these gals down myself so I hope you enjoy the story. Stay posted for my Eclipse review tomorrow and for my Top 4 Twihard stories click on the links at the bottom of this post.

It was love at first bite when Edyn Mackney (pictured on the right, above, with here sister Grace) first read Stephenie Meyer"s vampire romance novels, The Twilight Saga, in 2006. Now the 14-year-old estimates she has read the series of four books at least 10 times, seen the first two films 20 times, spent hundreds of dollars on Twilight memorabilia and even got her younger sister hooked on the series.

"I love it tons,"" she said.
"My friends think the series is cool too and they love my room, but they think I"m a bit obsessed with it.
"You really relate to the books and fall in love with the love story between Edward and Bella. "I don"t think I will ever get over it because you can always re-read the books and watch the movies again.
"As soon as the movie comes out you become even more obsessed with it.""

Her obsession will reach fever-pitch tonight when the third film, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, is released in cinemas worldwide. Edyn said for Twihards, the nickname given to hardcore Twilight fans, the film is the most anticipated event of the year.

"Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are the films that everyone is looking forward to,"" she said.
"Eclipse is probably my favourite book because of the big fight scene at the end, Edward comes back and there"s the competition for who"s going to be with Bella.
"When I saw the trailer at the cinemas for the first time I freaked out, I grabbed my mum"s leg and my heart was racing.""

Mother Janine Mackney said Edyn and Grace, 10, have turned their bedrooms into a `Twilight shrine", complete with posters, calendars, T-shirts, CDs, companion guides and Robert Pattinson books.

"If she could turn into a vampire she would,"" she said.
"But Edyn is a mature girl, she doesn"t carry a vial of blood around like some crazy fans.
"Her obsession is with the whole series, Stephenie Meyer"s writing and the romantic storyline.
"I think my biggest crush growing up was George Michael, and look how that turned out, but I understand their obsession with this.""
"I read the books too and think they"re really cool.""

Mrs Mackney said after attending the midnight screenings of the previous two films, they had purchased tickets to see Eclipse in Gold Class so they `didn"t have to deal with people screaming with excitement" throughout the movie. Event Cinemas and Birch Carroll and Coyle spokeswoman Belinda Kite said movie sessions have already been selling out across the Australia, up to a month before the film’s release.

"There have been great ticket sales already and thousands have pre-purchased to see the film,"" she said.
"Eclipse already has the hype and anticipation that New Moon seemed to have last November.
"I think sometimes when the movie makers get a combination of the right elements with actors, directors, writers and cinematography, people get behind the films and follow their journey going to the cinema, buying the DVDs and memorabilia.""

As a self-confessed `movie buff" Ms Kite said it is exciting to see people from a wide demographic getting enthusiastic about a film franchise.

"I love to hear people get excited about the characters and the storyline,"" she said.
"People like to be entertained and if they enjoy something, it"s great to hear people share their experiences.
"Who knows whether it will stand the test of time like the Star Wars series, but we can only wait until Breaking Dawn comes and see how The Twilight Saga continues in peoples" lives.""

VIA «And so, the Eclipse begins...» by Jane Storm