Truble Pics + US models

Jack Mackenroth & Andrew Werner: Shooting with Style

Models come in all shapes and sizes, but it is not often to find one with this much muscle. Models come at all ages, but it is not common to be over forty. We often interview the model, but it is less usual that the model interviews the photographer. So, here is some uncommon fun!

Reality TV Star and HIV/AIDS advocate, Jack Mackenroth, recently took part in a new photo shoot with photographer Andrew Werner. For Jack Mackenroth, working with photographer Andrew Werner is a perfect symbiotic relationship.

A decisive and quick thinker, Werner works to produce quality, stylized, and relevant photographs. He knows what he wants and has an amazing eye for what ‘works’ and what doesn’t.

“Andrew is one of the nicest, easiest photographers to work with,” says Mackenroth. “Since I just turned 41, honestly, I don’t know how many more photo shoots I have left in me, so it’s always great to work with someone you know and get along with. He understands about the importance of lighting someone who isn’t 21 anymore. It also helps that he has nice things to say about me, too.”

“Everyone knows that Jack Mackenroth has great style,” expressed Werner. ”So naturally when I arrived at our shoot, I was eager to see what the stylist had selected for the shoot. After Jack tried on several outfits, he then, in perfectly witty ‘Jack style’ asked me, ‘Clothes on or off?’ I instantly knew this would be a fun few hours. Our plan was to capture drama, depth, and beauty.

“Jack’s open, vibrant personality led him to comfortably run around half-naked; which gave me a great opportunity to share the different sides of one man with the rest of the world. My vision was to capture Jack’s unique essence and energy through my lens; a man who has not only been HIV-positive for over 20 years, but a man who is a sex symbol, and more importantly a role model for the entire gay community.”

It goes without saying, then, that Mackenroth and Werner make a great team and produce some of the best work together. Mackenroth added, “As a designer myself, it’s a leap of faith for me to hand over creative control to someone else. With Andrew it was cool because he allowed me to help edit the photos and be a part of the entire creative process.”

Text & photos Courtesy of grapevine Publications.