Truble Pics + possessed

possessed 1
a friend of mine suggested that i start posting things i own & collect - and believe me, i have quite a bit! i thought i'd start with my most prized possession, although she's more my family rather than a possession. i'm sure she believes she owns me and in many ways she does. this is my cat kimba, she's a cornish rex, she's the runt of the litter and she's the love of my life. there is nothing more beautiful than her little face. she is the first pet i actually purchased and she was expensive. i had always wanted a sphinx and a friend told me about these kittens at the pet store his dogs were groomed at. "i know exactly what they are" i said to him "i don't want to see them." i had at the time 2 dachshunds, a huge male stray cat we had taken in and about 15 strays that i fed on and off. "just come see them" he said. of course, all the "cute" cornish kittens were sold except for kimba - she was the last and she was the runt. "extreme" for the breed the guy said, "if you come back next week we'll have another litter". "just feel her" he said, "like a shaved rabbit." "no, no need, i know what they feel like", i said. i suddenly realized that several people were standing around and as he opened the cage she leapt into my arms and started purring furiously. as a strangers hand crept over to pet her i instinctively turned away to shield her and it was in that moment i knew. she belonged to me.