Truble Pics + style

Bond 007, The Devil Wears Prada and Memoirs of a Geisha

The Lovely Bones

I said I’d keep you updated on the filming of The Lovely Bones but unfortunately since my last post there hasn’t been much to report. The only recent snippet from the Peter Jackson camp was shooting has been progressing ahead of schedule. THIS JUST IN! Clearly enough of the movie has been filmed to throw together a trailer and the press in London were treated to an exclusive screening last week.

Hmmm... Well the subject of the entire book is quite upsetting so I’ll overlook that comment. I mean, honestly, a novel about a 14-year-old girl who is raped and murdered isn’t exactly going to draw fans from the The Devil Wears Prada and Memoirs of a Geisha crowd. Frankly, if the film wasn’t upsetting then I’d be calling Jackson a sell out for steering away from Alice Sebold’s original material. I hope not too much of the plot is revealed because although audiences will want to know in detail what the movie is about (in 2 to 3 minutes mind you) they still need to want to know more to go and see it.

Forget 007, it’s 00-heaven baby!

I’m totally loving the new Bond theme song which hit the net late last night. White Stripes frontman Jack White wrote, produced, sang and drummed on the track backed up by the always awesome Alicia Keys. The song is called "Another Way To Die". Personally I’m diggin’ the new theme and the vocals are amazing. However, there’s been a lot of negative feedback online. What do you think? I can’t wait to see what they do with the opening credits as the song plays in the background.

For no other reason besides the fact I can, I’ve complied a list of my luxury voids. The following are in no particularly order and I’ve also included a few notable mentions of directors I love but not as much as those featured in the top six. Some, like Ben Affleck and Rian Johnson still have to prove themselves but from their debut directorial offerings I’m a fan.

VIA «Bond 007, The Devil Wears Prada and Memoirs of a Geisha» by Jane Storm