Truble Pics + style

imPRESS Press-On Manicure Review ~ Health & Beauty

Broadway Nails

The Broadway Nails

Today I wanted to share with you my experience testing out my imPRESS Press-On Manicure from Broadway Nails! The funky print I got to wear is called "Over the Moon", and I loved it! The gold and maroon swirls are perfect holiday colors, in my opinion.

What does the company have to say about these new press-on nails?

"Featuring advanced nail technology, you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds – simply peel off, press on, and you"re done. There"s no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week! And, imPress is so easy to remove, you can change it up to match your mood as often as you want. Check out all 36 colors and patterns, including trendy brights, classic darks and animal prints. With imPress, your nails will always be your best accessory!"

I was sold! I"ve never worn fake nails before this, and after seeing my roommate rocking them last semester, I was ready to try. The directions on the package were easy enough to follow (pick out correct sizes, peel off the backing, stick on the nails, apply pressure), so I set about sizing up my fingernails.

That"s where things got a little difficult. There were twenty-four nails in the package (twelve sizes, two each), and I had a hard time finding nails to fit my pointer and ring fingers - hence the messy tabletop. Lots of sticker backs tossed all over the place. Eventually, I found some suitable fits. They weren"t all perfect, but they worked.

I"m Really Not a Polish Person...

My nails stain easily and I"ve never gotten past the nail-painting skill level of a sloppy third grader. When I saw these great patterned nails on, all shiny and polished, I was ecstatic! Knowing that these nails are sold in solids for $5.99 and prints for $7.99 at retail stores like CVS, Rite Aid, and KMart had me dreaming up dozens of polish possibilities. My bare-nail days are over! Except...

Maybe it"s because I"ve never worn fake nails before, but I had a hard time completing simple tasks (like buttoning my new sweater) while wearing them. I also found that the nails bent easily (the thumb nail especially), which didn"t look very appealing. I did enjoy tapping on things with these nails. They made cool noises.

The final verdict: I really enjoyed the look of these nails. I"d certainly consider wearing them for a party or some kind of holiday event, where I"d be all dolled up. They photograph well, right? I don"t think I"d wear them just any old day, especially on days where I"m going to be working (or buttoning sweaters). I"m so happy I got to try out these great imPRESS nails! Thanks, Influenster, for sending them my way!

VIA «imPRESS Press-On Manicure Review ~ Health & Beauty» by Jane Storm