Truble Pics + style

805 Million Names – Zlatan Ibrahimović


The United Nations World Food Programme premiered it’s newest project in the fight against world hunger – ‘805 million names’ – a spectacular video starring famous footballer Zlatan Ibrahimović.

The 805 campaign is all about bringing attention to the names that no one cheers for. Zlatan Ibrahimović, Paris-Saint-Germain (PSG) striker and captain of the Swedish national team, put his talent and fame to the service of WFP to bring to light the reality of those suffering from hunger, whether they are struck by war, natural disasters or extreme poverty.

“Each one of the 805 million people suffering from hunger in the world has a name, a voice, a story to share”, says Marina Catena, WFP’s Director for France who initiated this creative partnership with the champion.

“Wherever I go people recognize me, call my name, cheer for me. But there are names no one cares to remember. That no one cheers for: the 805 million people suffering from hunger in the world today. I have supporters all over the world. From now on I want this support to go to the people who really need it. So whenever you hear my name, you will think of their names. Whenever you see me, you will see them”, said football player Zlatan Ibrahimović.

VIA «805 Million Names – Zlatan Ibrahimović» by Jane Storm